Thursday, March 21, 2013

The faithful 300.

I'm tired of writing about movies, books, and random stuff. There's nothing more important for Christians than to know their God through His Word, and the things of this world are distractions. I haven't become an ascetic, I've just come to the conclusion that if I'm going to take the time to blog, it better be about something eminently worthwhile. What's more worthwhile than God Himself?

As a result of this shift, I've renamed "St. George and the Dragons" to "The 300." I'm no fan of Zack Snyder, or of ancient Sparta; I am a fan of faithful men of God, including Gideon and his 300 faithful Israelites who defeated Midian under God's protection and in His power (Judges 7). I'd rather identify with the faithful people of God than with a legendary figure.

So, my blog is operational again, but it's not entirely the same blog. It's theological and apologetic, and my aim through it is to glorify our risen savior, Jesus Christ, whose self-revelation is more important than any script or novel or music album. If we don't know it better than we know ourselves, how can we call ourselves His children? This world offers no hope; Christ offers us the hope, not of peace or well-being here, but of the life of the world to come. Let us faithfully proclaim that hope.

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun to get a blog makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In St. George and the Dragons you did a good job of proclaiming the hope through your treatment of literature, film, and music. I'll miss those discussions.

    ReplyDelete